So I just found out through the amazing R. Q. Woodward that the equally amazing noise pop band Sleigh Bells has a new album out! And while browsing their lyrics I found some quirky, creative ones to share:
1. “Still torn down by a symphony / I need something warm / like jet blast / cool breeze, cool G” (It’s Just Us Now)
2. “Hunting sheep in my sleep, no I don’t count them” (Crucible)
3. “Cause we’re singing on a sinking ark, getting ready to go” (Unlimited Dark Paths)
4. “Two tornadoes touch down in Kansas / instinct takes over, instinct commands us / mostly okay, but I’m bleeding profusely / mostly okay, but only on Tuesdays” (Rule Number One)
5. “It’s Monday night / and you’re high as a kite watching Lion King” (Rule Number One)
6. “You better take my advice while I’m calm still / when your dream is made of everything you’re afraid of” (Baptism by Fire)
7. “Retrograde and Gatorade baths / in the middle of May” (Hyper Dark)
8. “All those kids wasting away / on a yearbook page that was torn out anyway” (Hyper Dark)
9. “Picking cotton candy with splinters” (As If)
10. “Crisis mode, mint chip vendetta” (As If)
Please be aware: Some of Sleigh Bells’ songs feature dark and/or profane language. Hence, you might want to check first before listening if you’re like me and that bothers you.
What’s your favorite lyric from this list? What are some other great, creative lyrics you’ve heard in music?
You can listen to some of Sleigh Bells’ music here (Harry Potter style): If Hermione Granger Listened to Alternative Rock
And also here: Lyrics From A Tale of Two Cities