Thanks to electrobeth for nominating me for the Liebster award! She has a great blog on writing inspiration that you should totally check out!
(I basically already posted 11 random facts about myself for another award, so instead of repeating myself you can check them out here. As a sneak preview, I talk about swords, Batman, and setting my hair on fire.)
1. What made you start your blog?
I am writing a book that is provisionally titled “Dickens and the Cheshire Cat: The Book Lover’s Guide to Classical Music.” In it I discuss how to hear stories in music (along the lines of the “Classical Music Stories” section of my blog, but in more detail). So my goal as I’ve been blogging is to connect with people who might share my interests (and, of course, to have fun!).
I believe that without first connecting to classical music and enjoying it on a personal level, technical information about things like how to identify instruments and form is more useless than useful. So, yes, the “goal” of the book I am writing is to help readers have an appreciation for classical music, but not because it is better than other music. I love my pop and rock tunes as much as the next person! Instead, the fact that classical music tells such intricate stories makes it likely that the avid reader would also be an avid listener if he or she cracked the code, so to speak, on how to listen. I hope my book will help with just that and introduce readers to this fascinating and fun activity that they might just love…
2. How do you de-stress after a long day?
Playing games on my phone, taking the most ridiculous Buzzfeed quizzes I can find, and reading, of course.
3. What fascinates you?
How we perceive music. Basically, I love thinking about why a composer wrote the music in that particular way and how we as listeners respond to it, whether I’m looking at classical, pop, rock, or some other type of music.
4. If you could meet any famous person (dead or alive) who would it be?
Maybe Mother Theresa. Her selflessness was absolutely incredible. Though I am so far from it, I hope to one day be as loving and Godly as she was.
5. What is your biggest fear?
Hmm…probably one of my biggest fears is that I will do something or say something that will keep a good thing (particularly the “right” thing) from happening. Even though I know this fear is groundless because I can’t screw up God’s plan for my life.
6. If you could live in a fictional world what one would it be and why?
Heather Dixon’s Entwined. It’s got magic, attractive men, and there’s ballroom dancing like all the time. What could be better than that??
7. Who is your favorite fictional family?
Again, I’m going to have to go with Entwined. I love the relationships the twelve sisters have with each other!
8. If you could be any animal what would you be and why?
I would be Rajah from Disney’s Aladdin so I could hang out with Jasmine (who is awesome) and just lay around all day in luxury.
9. If someone was going to make a film about your life, who would play you and why?
Emma Watson all the way. At least, she would be my top choice if I got to choose. She’s incredibly smart, beautiful, outspoken for what she believes in, Hermione Granger, and a Disney Princess. I would be thrilled if she represented me.
10. What is your favorite type of weather?
Cool with a nice breeze. I want to be comfortable in a light jacket and shorts.
11. What would be your dream job?
A music theorist-singer-writer-dancer-super hero-fashion model-princess. If that’s not a thing, it totally should be.
If you decide to do it, the rules are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Display the Liebester Award on your blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 question your nominee has asked.
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers with less than 1000 followers.
- Ask them 11 new questions or the same ones you were asked.
- Let the bloggers you nominate know!
- Copy the rules into your post.
Thanks for reading!