So here are 7 (quirky) facts about myself:
1) At my 16th birthday party, I accidentally set my hair on fire. My mother and friends had just finished singing Happy Birthday to me when it fell into the candle flames on my birthday cake. I was concentrating so hard on blowing out all 16 candles in one breath that I didn’t even notice…I just saw my friends staring at me with wide eyes and heard my mom shouting my name and clapping her hands against my hair. Oops.
2) Freshman year of my undergraduate experience my roommate and I teamed up to kidnap our friend’s mannequin. Where we left ransom notes, he responded with Pulp Fiction quotes thrust under our door. But hey, he started it by scaring me half to death with that mannequin just chilling in our shower. So I have no regrets. (P.S. for those of you who may be wondering, we did–of course–eventually give it back.)
3) A tree frog jumped on my face once in elementary school. We were on a field trip where each kid was assigned to a group with a different animal, and we were all assured that the animals, and particularly the tree frog, would not jump on us. I guess I was just special.
4) I once got into an approximately hour long discussion/argument with a friend over whether or not the 5 second rule applies to ice cream. I, for one, insisted that it did.
5) For my 21st birthday I got a Batman mask and immediately proceeded to make this video:
6) Over the summer I bought two training swords so my friends and I can sword-fight. They can’t cut your hand off, but I’ve learned that it’s not wise to swing with full force, either…
7) I love all types of music, but one of the craziest, funniest songs I enjoy listening to is “Acapella” by Karmin. I mean, one of the lines in her rap is, “thought he was gluten free but all that I got was bread.” It just doesn’t get much better than that!
For this award, I nominate:
artman413, A# Major, Word Nerds Unite, Greenish Bookshelf, keepcalmandbeoraiginal, aBOOKSHELFz, Quoth the Wordsmith, Beanz Be Blogging, Edwardian Piano, Books, in other words, CJ Eller, Hard Book Habit, Carepdemi, Julie Dawn, and Authoring Around. Also, if you’re nominated here, consider yourself nominated for the Liebster if you’d like to participate in that one, as well!
The rules for this award are:
1. You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. You must list the rules and display your award.
3. You must add seven facts about yourself.
4. You must nominate fifteen other bloggers and let them know they’ve been nominated.
5. You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Now on to the Liebster award questions:
Here are my answers:
- What is your favorite thing to do? Hanging out and laughing with friends.
- Do you believe in making best friends through social media? Sure, I think it’s possible. After all, you have the opportunity to connect with people who share similar interests and experiences as you.
- Romantic movies or comedy movies? I would say comedy, but those tend to be romantic anyway or a sketchy, crude humor I don’t like. So take that as you will!
- Do you have ambitions to change the world? Of course–I think everyone does to a certain extent. Personally, I want to make a positive difference in people’s lives. I don’t need to be a celebrity or anything, but I yearn to help others and contribute to the world’s beauty.
- Experienced love at first sight? Nope. I mean, I’ve experienced a connection to some people the first time I meet them, but not in a romantic way.
- Which celebrity do you think you just like them? I have a really cliché answer for this, so don’t judge me…Harry Styles. STOP, your judgment is palpable! Here’s the thing: sure, he’s not hard on the eyes, but I honestly admire his vocal and songwriting abilities. And from the (very) limited stuff I’ve seen around the internet, he seems like he might be a genuinely nice person who I could be friends with. Of course, I could be totally wrong.
- If you got chance to travel the world, which places do you like to visit? I would love to visit Norway to see the fjords and aurora borealis!
- Which is your dream place? The place itself is less important to me than the people I’m with.
- Do you have any phobias? I mean, who doesn’t? But there was this one time I was ridiculously afraid of a cockroach–even more than I normally would be. My little sister and I put on rain boots so it couldn’t run over our bare feet. The plan was that I would hit it first and when I inevitably missed, she would hit it second. What we didn’t count on was the cockroach running straight towards us. Yeah, I definitely screamed while my sister desperately tried to kill that bug.
- Do you like to read fiction or non-fiction books? Fiction, but I’d love to get into some fun, quirky nonfiction if anyone has any suggestions!
- What do others’ lives mean to you? How do you treat others in your life? I attempt to live by God’s commandment to love the Lord my God with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength, and to love my neighbor (i.e. everyone) as myself. I fail all the time, but this is what I try to live by.
Here are your questions:
- If you could have dinner with any superhero, who would you pick and why?
- What is your favorite sport?
- If you tripped in front of millions of people, what would you do?
- What is a subject that you find really interesting in theory but would actually probably hate doing in real life?
- Pink or blue?
- What is your favorite board/other game?
- If you could claim a celebrity as your sibling, who would you pick?
- If you could time travel to any time and place in the universe, when/where would you go?
- What do you feel is the most underrated book?
- GPS or physical maps?
- Favorite type of music, artist, or song?
If you’d like to be tagged for these questions, then consider yourself tagged!
The rules for this one are:
- Link back the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator.
- Display the Liebster award logo in your post.
- Nominate other bloggers.
- Create 11 questions for the nominees.
- Notify all nominees via social media or blogs.
And there you have it! Thanks again for the nominations!