Thanks to NapoleonSplit for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! If you want to follow a personal experience of the Fifty Books challenge and find some great books while you’re at it, go check it out!
1) What is one of your favorite words? Why?
This is an easy one! Rapscallion. Because it makes me think of a rapping scallion.
2) What is the third book on your bookshelf (from the left)?
A Theory of Musical Narrative by Byron Almén
3) What was your favorite childhood series?
Hmmm…probably the Laura Ingalls Wilder books. Classic!
4) What book would you recommend to everyone to read?
Let’s say 1984 by George Orwell, because it made my brain hurt as I questioned everything I’ve ever known. In a good way.
5) If you could see any band in the world in concert, who would you see?
This is a tough one…Amber Run. I’ve discovered their music recently and think it would be incredible to hear their songs live!
6) Name your favorite bookstore to visit.
Barnes & Noble. Cliché, I know, but going there with the exhilaration of a brand new gift card was part of my childhood.
7) Name three book to movie (or miniseries) adaptations that you love.
Pride and Prejudice (Keira Knightley version), Harry Potter series, and the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
8) If you could invite any author over for tea, who would you choose?
I’ll say Emily Brontë, since Wuthering Heights is one of my favorite books!
9) Name one way in which the blogging community has changed your life.
Honestly, I never really had experience with blogs before I started one myself. Before, it was easy to think that since anyone could write a blog, I shouldn’t expect too much from them. But I’ve found many incredible and creative blogs, reminding me how easy and wrong it is to fall into stereotypes!
10) If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
Norway! Actually, I probably wouldn’t like it after the first few days, but from my snug little corner in the south it sounds glorious.
11) What is your favorite book that falls into the genre of mystery/thriller?
Jane Eyre. If you’ve never read it, trust me, it totally counts.
The Award Rules:
1) Thank the person who nominated you!
2) Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
3) Nominate 11 other bloggers and let them know they were nominated.
4) Ask the nominees 11 questions (I really liked these questions, so I’ll stick with them.)