1) If Winston from 1984 lived in the world of Harry Potter, he would be the first to believe Voldemort had returned. (#paranoid)
2) If The Great Gatsby took place in the world of Anna Karenina, Gatsby would just be Daisy’s lover. (Would Daisy end up leaving Tom for Gatsby, then, like Anna did for Vronsky??)
3) If Peter Pan lived in the world of Romeo and Juliet, he would be Friar Lawrence. And he would just happen to forget to deliver Juliet’s letter to Romeo because he’d find it incredibly funny…
4) If Sherlock Holmes lived in the world of Cinderella, Prince Charming would hire him to find the girl who left her slipper at the ball.
5) And finally, if Madeline lived in the world of Alice in Wonderland, we would read:
“She was not afraid of Hatters
She loved dormice, tea, and platters.”
P.S. In case you noticed, there will be no more posts on Mondays now that the summer is over. (Schedules are starting to get packed around here!) Posts will continue on Wednesdays and Saturdays, though. Thanks for reading!
For more quirky combinations of book worlds and characters, you can check out Bilbo Baggins in Rapunzel’s Tower (And Other Rapunzel Character Swaps) or Pride and Prejudice Characters Sorted Into Hogwarts Houses.